With the news of hip hop icon Lil Kim plans to release her fifth studio album, it’s got us thinking about all of the Queen Bee anthems we love, and the empowering lyrics she’s given generations of women to bop our heads to over the past 20 years!
Even though the Brooklyn-bred emcee’s career has seem beef, up and downs, and even jail time, Kim is undisputedly one of the most influential lyricists of all time.
Listening to her songs instantly takes you down memory lane.
And it comes to fashion, men, sex and money, who’s hot 16 better to quote when you’re in the mood?
We rounded up 12 of the Queen Bee’s most empowering lyrics!
- While you count your jewels / Thinkin I’ma cheat you /The only one thing I wanna do is freak you /Keep your stone sets, I got my own baguettes /And I’ll be doin things that you won’t regret -“Crush on You”
2. “Usually rock the Prada, sometimes Gabbana/Stick you for your cream and your riches/Zsa Zsa Gabor, /Demi Moore, Prince Diane and all them rich bitches.” -“No Time”
3. “Only female in my crew, and I kick shit like a nigga do, with a trigga too/ fuck you”- “All About the Benjamins”
4. “Dressed in all black like the Omen (say what?) / Have your friends singin ‘This is for my homey’ (that’s right) / And you know me, from makin niggaz so sick / Floss in my six with the Lex on the wrist”-“All About the Benjamins”
5. “If I was you I’d hate me too/ Louis Vuitton shoes and a whole lot of booze / Every other week a different a dude and other crews / I make offers nobody can refuse / You might even see me on the channel nine news .” – “No Matter What They Say”
6. “I stay focused, in the dopest / Like a penny with a hole in it, yall just hopeless / And toke this, I ain’t lyin’ / Niggas try to knock me off, keep tryin!” -“Ladies Night”
7. “Some niggas even put me on their grocery lists / Right next to the whip cream and box of chocolates / Designer pussy, my shit come in flavors / High-class taste niggaz got to spend paper”- “How Many Licks?”
8. “Shake up the dice, throw down your ice (What!) / Bet it all player fuck the price / Money ain’t a thing throw it out like rice / Been around the world cop the same thing twice”- “The Jump Off”
9. “Let ’em know we ’bout that cake, straight out the gate / We independent women, some mistake us for whores / I’m saying, why spend mine when I can spend yours?” – “Lady Marmalade”
10.) “See BIG done told you / I’m the hottest bitch on the planet / Biggest sex symbol since Janet / The Zanotti bandit / Layin’ in the cut like a bandage / Come through Fulton St. in a Vanquish / Doin’ dem damage”- “Lighters Up”
11.) “My Brook-lyn style speak for itself / Like a wrestler, another notch under my belt / The embezzler, chrome treasurer / The U-N-O competitor, I’m ten steps ahead of ya / I’m a leader, y’all on some followin shit / Comin in this game on some modelin shit” – “Quiet Storm (Remix)”
12. “Under pressure, I lie for ya, die for ya / Cougar by the thigh for ya, right hand high for ya!”- “I Can Love U”